DBH Innohub is looking to recruit a short-term junior researcher to work on a global building energy model improvement project funded by the Japanese Government. The project starts immediately and ends on March 31, 2021. The position can be part- or full-time, depending on the availability of the successful applicant. The position is to start as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will contribute to the improvement of a global sustainable building energy model and help develop it with further features, including the incorporation of net zero energy buildings. The residence of the applicant is flexible, as long as he/she is able to appear for a few personal meetings in Budapest over the project timeframe. The researcher will work closely with researchers at the Central European University (CEU).
For more information about 3CSEP HEB global building energy model, please visit: Best practice
- Help update the global building energy model
- Collect updated data inputs to the model
- Calibrate the model results
- Help with the addition of new features to the model to improve its capabilities
- Thoroughly document the work performed
- Help draft a scientific journal article on the research
Qualifications and skills required
- Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering, sciences or economics
- strong quantitative skills
- Experience in having carried out research tasks
- Excellent English writing skills
- Ability to produce deliverables within a short period of time
- Ability to work closely in a team
- Hungarian literacy is NOT required
Skills/experience that represent a strong advantage:
- work/research experience or training in the field of energy or buildings/architecture
- experience in modeling
- programming skills, especially VBA macro (but not essential)
- Training or experience related to energy demand or building energy are a plus.
- Knowledge of/experience with Passivhaus or zero energy buildings are a strong advantage
- Experience with programming Geographical Information Systems (GIS) is an advantage
The schedule and the number of working hours are flexible based on agreement with the supervisor and the requirements of the project. However, the researcher will have to produce results in a short period, and ability to work with close deadlines is crucial.
We offer a competitive remuneration that is commensurate with experience and skills. The contract can be an employment, assignment or service contract, with preference for an assignment or service contract.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants need to submit:
- Cover letter indicating the availability of the candidate in terms of start date and share of time available until March 2021 as well as his/her relevant education and experience
- Contact information of three references
- A scientific/professional writing sample in English.
- A copy of a document that the applicant has produced based on his/her own research (can be in Hungarian)
We’re waiting for your application to the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address.