DBH Trust participated in the Bosco WealthPro Conference in Riga as an exhibitor and presented its range of Business Services in The Netherlands and Hungary to the attention of tax advisors and investors.
The WealthPro Conference took place on June 7-8 2016 in Riga, Latvia. The event’s aim was to provide a unique communication platform for professionals in creation of international corporate structures, effective wealth management, asset protection and tax planning applicable all over the world. The event brought together more than 250 high level professionals, such as CEOs, CFOs, bank professionals, lawyers, tax and financial advisers, wealth managers, trustees and fiduciaries.
DBH representatives gave a lecture on how to structure wealth via Dutch and Hungarian structures. Key messages from the presentation were that the DBH Trust is an ideal FDI partner for businesses which wish to invest in Hungary as well as to setup their holding structure via the Netherlands with over 20 years of experience. DBH Trust as a part of DBH Group is also ideally suited to help companies with roots in the CEE region, as well as international companies who want to move to the CEE region.
The participants got information about the benefits of establishing a presence in the Netherlands:
- Tax treaty network is one of the strongest, biggest and most stable
- No or decreased withholding tax on dividends, no withholding tax on interest and royalties
- Advance tax rulings with tax authorities and outstanding financial service industry
- Companies which are tax resident in the Netherlands are generally subject to Dutch corporate income tax at the regular corporate income tax rate of 20-25%
- Under the Participation Exemption Regime (PE Regime) certain income items received in connection with a qualifying shareholding are exempt from Dutch corporate income tax
- These income items include dividends, other profit distributions, capital gains and foreign exchange rate results realized by a Dutch resident company. Fiscal substance in the Netherlands is essential.
Toward the end of the lecture, the representatives of DBH summarized what it takes to meet the standards of establishing a presence in the Netherlands. A trust company, such as DBH Trust can provide substance, required for maintaining a Dutch corporation.
For more information about fiduciary and trust services in the Netherlands please visit DBH Trust’s website>>